Martee Buchanan served this casserole to us during a recent visit to the Wesley Foundation at Radford University. I loved the colors in the dish along with the mixture of vegetables and of course, the taste! I like traditional green bean casserole – with the French fried onions and canned soup – but I like this one even more. It’s very easy to make. We’ve decided to serve Martee’s casserole at our next free takeout meal on the Saturday before Easter, beautifully paired with the Easter ham!
Martee’s Green Bean & Corn Casserole
- 12-ounce bag frozen corn, thawed
- 16-ounce bag frozen French cut green beans, thawed
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the first 9 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir well. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Combine butter, almonds and stuffing mix in bowl. Toss gently. Sprinkle mixture over casserole. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.